Sunday, April 1, 2012

I Wish I Could Be A Chameleon...


cha·me·le·on

  [kuh-mee-lee-uhn, -meel-yuhn] Show IPA
noun
1.
any of numerous Old World lizards of the familyChamaeleontidae, characterized by the ability to change thecolor of their skin, very slow locomotion, and a projectiletongue.
2.
any of several American lizards capable of changing the colorof the skin, especially Anolis carolinensis (Americanchameleon),  of the southeastern U.S.
3.
a changeable, fickle, or inconstant person.



Listening to conference this weekend gave me so much desire to make some serious changes in my life.  As I listened to each talk I thought to myself "I want to do that", and "I want those blessings", and "I know that it is possible for me to reach that exalted state". The Prophets and apostles even told us how...and then I found myself wishing it could be as easy as being a Chameleon...just change my skin color. Just change my color according to each different situation and challenge, just do it by nature.  But unfortunately our natures are fallen, and I noticed that it's only the Chameleons' skin that changes...And we all know that change can't just be skin deep. So for me right now I'm going to seek the changes that the Lord promises that will come to our minds and our bodies...and our hearts.  I know where to go...now God bless me and anyone else that wants to...to go and do and receive the promises and blessing and knowledge and witness and power and peace and love...by going and doing.

"Here's my heart...oh take and seal it...seal it for Thy courts above."
Sincerely Vicki

song; Come Thou Fount





No comments:

Post a Comment