Monday, January 14, 2013

Cadilac Pin Cushions

I have to call them 'Cadilac Pin Cushions'...I mean look at them...can't you see yourself working on your little sewing project with this piece of work to put your pins in? Not only that, but it's like a little tabletop accent piece, curious and tactile. I like them. There are some areas that could be perfected. And I might get to it...but in the mean time...here it is! Enjoy! Create! Beautify!

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

 Pinned Image

Pinned Image

I used some vintage candlesticks, scraps of vintage fabric, trim and tacky glue. The tacky glue is a little harder to work with it takes more patience than hot glue but the end results are smoother. For the 'cushion' part I used old Styrofoam ornaments. I'd like to experiment with other sizes but that's what I had available. I like using stuff I have instead of making a trip to the store. Then I used that E6000 industrial strength glue in clear to cement the ball on.

So these little wonders would also be amazing for merchandising brooches! Right?!

Have a fantastic week!
Vicki
I have a super fun valentine project on instagram @homevestures mostly projects and @stechev for family and fun! Please come check it out!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment