Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dream Big

For those of you who read my blog yesterday I was going to talk about Homevestures and an inside look at it but I have to put that aside for a minute and talk about Dreams because it feels so relevant. It might be at the root of everything I write and do. So lets talk about it now for a minute.

I want to share with you a fantastic quote by Sterling W. Sill on dreams. He says..."Just suppose that you had a special book where you kept a written list of those dreams and ambitions for which you had an unquenchable thirst.  A good book of dreams and some well thought-out blueprints for accomplishment will turn ambitions into realitiesAmong the amazing inventions of man and the miraculous creations of God, nothing can match the human mind,which is the instrument given us by God with which to think, plan, imagine, love, and dream.  The Bible tells us of many inspired dreams that have been put into people's minds by Deity himself.  The fact that we have been divinely equipped for dreaming indicates that the function is important and that God certainly did not intend to do all of our dreaming for us."

Ok, the first assignment is to get a SPECIAL BOOK (I think I want to follow this to a T) and think...think...think... about my dreams.  What the heck are they? My sister helped me realize yesterday that I love the furniture part of owning the business...but not the dealing with people everyday who have a hard time making up their minds or deciding whether they are going to spend the money, or the paper work. My real estate instructor said "price overcomes ALL objectives". So I know that sometimes in retail you don't get your price and you often lose your shirt on pieces.

I want to get past the think part and really write what my dreams are. What do I and you have an unquenchable thirst for?  Is there a burning that is always there that never goes away, like a leaky faucet? I'm reading this book called 'The Fire Starter Sessions' (a gift from my big sister, sharing her crayons again...). Danielle Laporte asks a VERY relevant question..."How do you want to feel"? For me I know I want to be creative...but last night after leaving a missionary setting apart I realized that I want to feel 'important'. Really my creativity is the way that I do that.  I love being creative...but I want something more from creativity and that is feeling important. And when I say important I mean valued. Like people value my work and what I do and feel that it is important.  Who the heck knows why I want to feel that way but I do.  For me I knew that feeling important was at the core of 'what I want to feel' because it brought me to tears.  And as I've thought about how I want to feel the feelings that bring an emotional charge seem to be at the essence and root of everything for me.  And some psyco analysis might look at my desire and come up with all these things and reasons.  It doesn't matter. It is what it is, and we have all been endowed with a great capacity to dream and feel.  Which capacity will allow us to design and craft our lives. Bruce R McConkie once said... that if we put our foot on the path to the celestial kingdom we will get there. Really?! Think about that...? That has got to be one of the hardest dreams out there! So, all I'm saying is we can actually take baby steps at practicing dreaming with other stuff and eventually grow to realize that 'HEY' dreams are possible and if yours is the celestial kingdom 'Go for it!'

For me right now I think I'm at a more telestial groveling level. WHICH...will make it all the more rewarding as I do progress...!

I have ambition...! Do you?  What the heck is it though???? Well I'm not going to lie, right now I would like my creativity to bring financial reward.  I've been selling myself cheap and free and now that I'm pushing 50 I'm ready for the money! But do I have a GOOD BOOK OF DREAMS? No....What about a WELL THOUGHT OUT BLUEPRINTS FOR ACCOMPLISHMENTS? No again... I have some work to do...and I'm okay with that because this sounds and feels like it's going to be exciting! So, would you like to join me in this journey...would you like to put this to the test...are you afraid...? I really believe this is a true principle.  I'm in...first get the book, think of how I want to feel, think of my dreams, draft a well thought-out blueprint (and go to lunch with a bunch of girlfriends at noon).

Let's check back in and see what we've come up with...Remember that 'God did not intend to do all our dreaming for us...


No comments:

Post a Comment