Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Money Can't Buy Love...

Money can't buy love...but it sure can buy a lot of flowers! Some things we just need to remember. I'm not sure why this Valentines became so unique and special. My husband and I have been married for almost 27 years this June. And we have had seven children during the course of those years. Many of you that have breathed the breath of life long enough... know that life really can be no picnic! In fact it's more like 'Ants at a Picnic'! So I have to say that we, meaning my husband (aka 'love of my life') have been experiencing some dull valleys. You know... expectations not being met...things not working out the way we thought they would when we got married...children...grandchildren...children getting married...leaky roof...bad backs...hair loss...wrinkles...longing for change and dreams that may never come true...Well, things happen that cause you to learn, and you give it your best shot and say 'dang'! I have bad aim, and need more practice! But in the midst of all the trying and trying to hit the target over and over again, we learn that certain things are just more important than hitting the target. Except for Cupid, the target is everything.


The Wednesday before Valentines my husband took a little trip to Produce Junction, a vegetable market, and bought me nine dozen flowers! I was gone at Dawnelles making meatballs, that was last weeks post if your keeping up. He then came home and proceeded to try and find a vase to put them all in...


he went from vase, to trash can, to gigantic vase, and pulled quite a bit apart trying to get the right container. Finally, after finding one they all would fit in... he packed every stem into a vase, did it all himself. It looked nice...packed in...but nice.


Your seeing two bunches and one almost dead because that is how long it took me to realize what was going on. So two days after Valentines I split them into two bunches.

The truth...I was a little amused...I was not over joyed, or overwhelmed, I was just amused. In fact it took me the day after valentines to open the card. I know your going to feel sorry for him now... and think what a ______ ity _______ I am! Girls, trust me a bunch of flowers does not always fix things... right?! Not even a box of chocolates thrown in there will fix it! Sometimes, that only makes things worse! But somehow, this gesture got my attention, and the attention of my children, at least the ones that still live at home. My 16 year old daughter was more than happy to help daddy with his romantic shortcomings.

Then he took Vallentines day off to take care of some 'honey do items'. After which we went for sushi and shopping and a late steak dinner. Sound nice? It was...it was fun, it was all day, we wandered from morning till late night doing whatever we wanted. And he wanted what I wanted...


 There he is with my youngest son, who just celebrated his eighth birthday just a few days before Valentines.

And here is what I read the day after Valentines...



Yup, I know...what a guy...

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment