Friday, May 13, 2011

"Pink" The Missing Link

It snuck up on me and I was won in a twink.  Not a hope and never a chance that I'd be caught dead in "pink".  But what was this... there the glimmer...she bent... she broke... slam dunk sinker. 

Never in my wildest dreams would I ever consider pink as part of my color pallet for gardening, decorating or fashion. Even when flesh tone pink came out with a bang,  I still was hesitant...

My poor children have been denied this color all their lives (along with peas) because I always felt that pink was for beautiful blue eyed blonde women.  Then 'SNAP' like that it happened! ALL the intoxicating credit goes to the March 2011 issue of 'House Beautiful'. It was like "love at first sight".  Maybe... because they were really calling 'red' pink and I love red.

I couldn't get enough of this pink stuff and NOWWWW there's a part of me that's saying let's find a space that we can do pink!  So... since we are redoing Ali and Amber's room.  The focal point is a "56x42" head detail glicee of 'Bottecelli's Birth of Venus. THERE IT IS! My chance to sneak pink in. It's just the little hint in her cheeks.
Even the lettering House Beautiful used grabbed me, I felt like 'Frodo' all trapped by the spider and no escape but to succumb to the wishes and 'Power of Pink'.  But I think the thing that made me go in deeper was what was on the cover. It said 'Men Love IT!'  What!? I thought.  How could I be denying this inner most feminine side of myself.  Could this be the missing link that takes Mark and I into Utopian bliss?  I must try it.  I found myself feeling very feminine and beautiful as I imagined myself in a powdery perfect match my skin tone pink.
I found three approaches to pink in this issue; first 'beat around the bush', neutral foundations with little hints of pink.
Second, Pink's mama which is old red. 
















Third, 'take the bull by it's horn's pink.  Which is all out, open the flood gates pink.
Well... needless to say I'm sold!  And gladly at that.  It's exciting to know I have another color that I CAN choose and love.
Doctrine and Covenants 59
 18Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the abenefit and the buse of man, both to please the eye and to cgladden the heart;
 19Yea, for afood and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to bstrengthen the body and to enliven the soul.
 20And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to aexcess, neither by extortion.


 

vicki


consider pink
roses in the city

3 comments:

  1. Laughed out loud:)I like the subtle hints best. Seems like God puts pink in our world that way. My daughter has a different view on that however!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now all mom wants to do is paint my room pink. i said no and ali said maybe. (i keep trying to convince myslef pink will not be part of my daily color wheel.) and then i realized that just a couple days ago, i painted my toe nails purple with PINK stripes. and my finger nails are pink right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that comment above was from me.

    ReplyDelete