Sunday, May 1, 2011

Half Bloomed...


It is most definitely spring... and I am SO excited! It happens to be my favorite season. Well, spring and fall. But spring is just so exciting to finally get to after a long winter where everything is all brown for what always seems like forever and ever. I love when everything starts turning green again!


I was trying to decide the other day if I like when all the trees are in full bloom or all green better. That is when I decided that really I like them half way between both, you know half bloomed, half green. That way you get the best of both worlds, you get to experience a full tree of little flowers as well as a little green leaf!


That got me thinking though about other things that I like half way... like chocolate chip cookies half baked so they're warm and a little crispy and gooey at the same time, ice cream a little melted, the sun half way set, and bananas when they're just starting to get the little brown spots.

I also realized that there are a lot of things that I don't like half way. For example, in life, when you stand for something you believe in, you must be all in. The time has come in our world where there is no half way anymore. There is simply black and white, right and wrong, following Christ or not.

Just a little food for thought on a beautiful spring day!

Dawnelle




1 comment:

  1. I love this. I too love half-baked cookies and half-melted ice cream and how about comfortable clothes, not too big not too small and then flowers just opening and not fully bloomed.

    ReplyDelete