Friday, March 25, 2011

Buttons upon buttons

When I was little, my Mother used to give my sister and I buttons as rewards for doing chores around the house. As an eight year old little girl I thought this was fantastic. Then about a year ago I was looking for some fun craft to do and I was looking through our craft room. I came upon two big jars of buttons. Suddenly this awesome idea popped into my head. Button. Sweater. Brilliant.

So pretty much this is just a whole boat load of random and fun buttons sewn onto a dullish sweater. The buttons really gave the sweater a "POP" factor that it really didnt have before. I absolutely adore my sweater now and I wear it all the time.

This is a great thing to make if you just want a little craft to work on for a day. It litteraly took me about 2 or 2 1/2 hours to complete and it was so worth it. I can't even count how many compliments I got on this. Keep your eye open for some really fabulous and unique buttons and you can start your collection and eventually you will have enough to do it!

*ALi 

1 comment: