Friday, April 22, 2011

'If I Die Tomorrow'

How does a warm, sunny, palm lined beach sound, with a coastal breeze and your love at your side?  Can you hear the sound of the Reggae beat and smell the aroma of fresh pineapple, papaya and mango's?  People all around you are celebrating and driving by in open air automobiles.  No worries, just you the sun and your love.

This is what I found myself feeling as I watched the new animated movie "RIO".  Then, Mark leans over and whispers 'Wanna go to RIO?'  I was screaming YES, YES in my mind!  I whispered back 'yes'. Please believe me when I tell you, I was absolutely the LAST person in my family that wanted to go to this movie.   And no way was I going to pay top dollar for it, so we HAD to go to the 10:30 matinee. So this morning I found myself saying "If I die tomorrow..." -  and there we were with 10 minutes to get ready.  A lot of time was spent contemplating how I could get something else done while everyone was in the movie. They all go in while Mark and I sit in the car talking, planning, and catching up in general.  It sounded like a good idea.  But then what kind of mother would I be if my children all go into the movie, while I sit in the car?  That would emblazon a lasting memory. And what 'if I die tomorrow...."!?  


I found myself faking excitement as I ran across the parking lot holding Hyrums' hand.  The place was packed with parents and children.  Why was it that everyone had the same idea this morning?  We groped our way to the very front on the left side.   No one seemed to notice how lousy our seats were except me.  And we didn't get snacks or popcorn.  I was just going to have to endure this. 

Fantastic music sold me right away, the story was interesting, not raunchy like some other animated films can be. "RIO" is definitely in my top three animated films now. I WOULD WATCH IT AGAIN!  From the moment it started and all the way through I found myself laughing, smiling, and in the end almost crying.  Go see it, then... plan your next vacation to RIO...ahhh...with your love of coarse!   

Vicki

3 comments:

  1. Rio's poverty is sad...but having been there...it has to be one of the most beautiful places on the face of the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I want to see this movie!! I was a little hesitant on how I felt about ANOTHER animated movie BUT you have convinced me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to finally get around to reading your blog and even though I have not read all the posts, it's so great to be connected with you in some way,I love it!

    ReplyDelete